Thursday, January 8, 2009

New edition!

Well I'm sure most if not all of you already know that Brad and I are expecting! Today was quit the relief..I had my first doctors appointment. I am 12 weeks and therefore I am DONE with my first tri mester! As we got to the doctor she asked me what they call the basic questions to know my background health. Once she was done asking me she realized how far along I was and felt bad that it was my first appointment and asked if we would like to try to hear the heart beat and OF COURSE I WANTED TO! I was a little worried at first because it took her to push on my belly pretty hard (which sucked because I had to pee soooo bad) and all I kept hearing was my own heart beat but it took her just a little bit longer and then we could hear it, it's little heart was already beating so fast! Yes I started to cry (big surprise). I guess it just made it real that I wasn't just getting fat that there really is a baby in there and that its little heart is beating perfectly ( is what the nurse said)! We are so excited! I am due on July 26th hopefully this summer isn't a hot one!

6 comments:

Kaylin said...

Yeah!! I will tell you once again, congrats. You will be an excellent mother, after all you have had the practice with at least 8 other babies and personalities already. Love you guys!

sam and kyrsten said...

yay i am so excited for you! what an exciting time! good luck with everything! we need to see you guys... STILL!

TJ and Jessica said...

I was wondering when you were going to post about this! Your baby will be absolutely beautiful and I know you will be amazing parents! I was watching Brad with Lexie on New Years and I was just thinking about what a good dad he's going to be! I can't wait to throw you a baby shower and go shopping with you, I'll even help you decorate the baby's room! ha ha, can't you tell I'm excited for you?! And when the little peanut's here I'll watch him/her whenever you need! :) We love you guys! CONGRATS!
PS- If you're having a hard time picking out names, my offer is still on the table, I'll GLADLY give you Achilles!

Becki said...

Oh, how exciting!! That first appointment, and especially when you hear the heart beat or see the baby for the first time, makes it so real. You have more than a positive pregnancy test to go off of, and it is just amazing. And let me tell you that each child it is the same way. Just having my 4th I am still amazed by the miracle of creating, nourishing, and giving birth to a little life!! You will be a wonderful mother, and this little baby is so lucky to be able to come into your home. Let me know if you ever need anything or have any questions. I'm the "old" pro you know. Hehe. ;) Oh, and I already have the baby shower invitations planned out in my head. LOL!! :) Congrats again little mama!!

Lacey said...

I just realized that I haven't said anything on you blog about your news. I am very happy for you. You guys will be great parents. If you need anything let me know.

Caitlin said...

I love you blog. It's so cute nicole!