Saturday, August 15, 2009
Mothering tips...
Ok so I know I must be the worst mother in the whole world!! Hear me out first....So Carson is now 3 weeks old on Monday..yes still super small and ever so cute...well we attempted our first real "date" with a guy from Brad's class and his wife. Dan (guy from brad's class haha) his mom was in town and offered to watch their daughter and Carson and let all of us go to a movie. Well if you have been around Carson for very long you know that he is my little fuss monster! I was asking my sister if I should take her up on the offer and she mentioned you had better try giving him a bottle first and see if he will take it so in case he gets hungry hes not stranded with nothing to eat! So we tried....haha yeah he hated it! First of all nursing for us isnt the easiest either I have to use a shield with the lil guy so I thought he would latch on to a bottle like cake...not the case he kept gagging on the nipple. I have the Dr Brown brand and the nipples dont look too big but I guess I need help on what to do to have him take a bottle. I love the lil guy so much but not going to lie I could live without nursing! I have been told it gets better so Im waiting on that. Im sure its all sorts of my emotions going crazy but I really feel like a milk maid. Anyways for you mothers out there how did you get your child to take a bottle??? Please offer any info you have!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Good question. I never got Tayden to take a bottle, but my saving grace was putting him on a schedule. That way I knew when he was going to be hungry and how long we could be gone. Good luck!
P.S-It does get better, and before you know it he will be eating cereal and possibly have a sippy cup. There is light at the end of the tunnel! And I am SURE you are NOT the worlds worst mother.
I hear you Nicole!! I had to use a shield too and it didn't make things any easier. When tyler was like a week old we tried him on those playtex bottles that you put liners in (they have the silicone nipple) he loved them. I still nursed him with the shield but it was nice to have a bottle just in case. I am sure things will get better with time. He is such a cutie!!!
Hey! I am not any good, but I know for us the doctor said it helps when you wait a little while before giving them a binki or bottle until they are at least a month, otherwise they get nipple confusion. So just give him time and he hopefully will take it! I lucked out and Kinlee took it right off the bat. Also, not sure if this helps,but I heard it does- if you use the playtex drop-in bottles they help. Hope all is well for you guys. Hes way cute- I wish I would have seen him b4 you left!! Come visit!
He will take it sometime. Lexi took the bottle very well (just because they gave her a bottle before I came out of recovery.) Sorry that it didn't work.
Good luck! Is there a bottle made by the company that makes that pacifier he loves? It might be easier for him that way. Also, have Brad try giving him the bottle. Carson will have a harder time (and get more pissed off) if you try to do it. Good luck again. Just be patient and I promise that nursing DOES get better. But hey, every baby and every situation is different (I went 15 months with one kid and 3 weeks with the other and I have no regrets with either choice). Do what is best for you and your sanity. Pax is almost 3 months and everythings is SO much better. He sleeps from 8 til 6 and is smiley all the time. Just keep loving your little guy and it will be fine.
Hey, I am a huge fan of the Avent bottles. How about I come over Monday or Tuesday during one of his feedings, and I will bring an Avent bottle with me, and you can try it out and see if he will take it. I think they are the best for nursing, and taking a bottle. Give me a call or I will call you tomorrow and we can try it if you want.
Post a Comment